Saturday, January 15, 2011

Smile

Today at my dad's assisted living facility this was posted on the bill board, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened."
This is a powerful message at every level.

The past few months, I have attended too many funerals for my comfort zone. The message at these funerals has been to remember and celebrate the life and not focus so much on the death. I like this. It affirms my beliefs that our life continues into a different realm after we leave this earthly plane. I find this message comforting and freeing.

This message would also help people who have lost relationships with loved ones through divorce, break-ups or moves. Instead of pining away at the loss of the experience, why not smile because of the Love and joy experienced.

Our lives could be different if we celebrated the love and joy found or experienced in the friendship, the experience, the event, and/or the marriage instead of focusing on it's ending.

In life all things are in constant flux. Change equals life. Let's smile because life happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment