Sunday, May 9, 2010

Honoring our Mother

Mother's Day weekend is a great time to reflect on our mothers and all women in our lives whom have touched our hearts and nourished our soul.

In the Native American tradition, they say, "All living beings are form the earth. Wherever we look, we see part of our Mother and Father."

This is true when I see birds flitting around hunting food for their hungry babies with persistent action, I see parents scrambling around feeding their children. I see the beauty of the wild flowers covering our earth reminding me of the beauty that surrounded me as a child which was freely given and provided by the labors of my parents. When we are aware and we take the time to look, we will see our Mother and Father expressed throughout nature.

Nature expresses the masculine and the feminine attributes of our Creator which is also our masculine and feminine attributes. Embracing both, we come into oneness and begin to see the face of God wherever we look.

No comments:

Post a Comment