Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Ten Commandments Visited


The Ten Commandments is a list of religious and moral rules that were given by God to Moses and the people of Israel from the mountain of Sinai. They serve as the moral foundation of Judaism and Christianity.

I was taught these commandments as a child and must say never gave them much thought. They were just words on a page and rules to follow. As I got older and more rebellious, they became rules to break, maybe not consciously but subconsciously or socially.

Living and growing up in America, the land of consumerism and materialism, oh no, I mean the home of the free and the brave, and following the crowd seemed more important than the 10 Commandments on the wall. Also the fact that they were not really taught and exemplified in daily practical ways by the powers that be made following the 10 Commandments an after thought.

The past few years, the 10 Commandments have resurfaced and I have done considerable contemplation on them. Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing what I have gleaned from them and offer practical ways to incorporate them into your life. I must admit, this is not really a fun journey but it will be insightful. It was for me anyway.

I hope you will join me.
©Becky Benes 3-2011 Onenessoflife

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to see you at work here again and am looking forward to every word!

    ReplyDelete