Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Things First

First Things First! I have struggled with this saying for years and have tired every which way to put things in order to no avail. I finally figured it out.

If I seek the wisdom from God in all of my affairs first, my life usually turns out O.K. God must be what comes first. I think Jesus said this, "Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God". When I seek God first God seems to prepare my path.

We have free will and can go anywhere and in any direction we choose. God is always wanting to help us, just as a supportive friend. But if we never tell God where we want to go or what we want to do, God cannot help guide us. Just as if we ask a friend to help us out, we must first tell them where or what we are wanting.

How do I seek the wisdom of God first?

I do this in the mornings as I plan out my day. I present my plan or any intention or problem I may have to God before I enter into meditation and contemplation. I then sit quietly and listen for the still small voice. The small voice comes from within when I am peaceful and in tune. Usually as I journal all of my thoughts, somewhere in the mix is the answer or direction which I am seeking.

However, if I am scattered and unclear of what I want or what direction I need, I usually will receive no direction. If my heart wants one thing and my head wants another, I am out of alignment with myself. In order to receive clear guidance from God, it is important to be very specific to what we want. If we are wishy-washy, our response will be wishy-washy.

When I seek God first and ask for guidance daily, God paves the way for my daily living and things flow smoothly.

"I set the Lord ever before me; with God at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. . .You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever." Psalms 16:8,11

©oneness of life productions 9/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment