Sunday, September 5, 2010

Go Within and Experience Oneness

My last post was given to me in a meditation and is what I know to be true. It always amazes me when I assume I have received an original thought and then find the same thing somewhere else. Today while reading John McMurphy's book, Secrets from Great Minds, I found this quote from Plotinus from On Intellectual Beauty:


We must bring the vision within and no longer see in the mode of separation. We need no longer look outside for our vision of the divine being; it is but the strength to see divinity within.


Wow, isn't that a great way to say what I said. Eventhough it is disappointing to find that the messages I receive are not unique to me, it is affirming to find other people have acquired the same wisdom by going within. It helps me to feel I am not so crazy. It is also humbling to know that when we practice meditation all that is required for life: all wisdom, all strength, and all inspiration is at hand.

©oneness of life productions 9/2010

1 comment:

  1. Becky, I like your confirmation quote.
    I, too, have found confirmation of much of your 9-1-10 post while recently reading Julian of Norwich (1300s), St. Teresa of Avila (1500s), and St. Therese of Lisieux (1800s). There is nothing new under the sun!
    I just wonder how long it will take for us to get the message and live it! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete