Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God is my refuge

God is my refuge, I shall not fear. This is a saying I refer to on a regular basis when I allow my circumstances to pull me into a state of fear. This usually happens when I allow my mind to live in tomorrow and in 'what if' land.

Since none of us can predict the future, why do we have the tendency to project bad things to happen. This has been an area in my life I try to reprogram regularly. When my mind takes off into its pessimistic fear based future, I attempt to reign it in by focusing on the hundreds of blessings which surround me at any given moment. This pulls me into the now which is the place where God consciousness resides-the refuge.

Scripture tells us to "be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God, my God, is with you." 1 Chronicles 28:20 NASB

Since we can only live in the Now moment, but our active minds can bi-locate or tri-locate and I am sure mil-locate (be in a million other places instead of the here and now). It is imperative to be strong and courageous and to act. By acting, we practice the skill of meditation in order to still our thoughts, to experience the loving presence of God.

© 2010 by Becky Benes
www.onenessoflife.com

1 comment:

  1. "Mil-locate" . . . I like that. Too bad I identify with it too! O.K. . . . working to keep the focus. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete