Friday, March 26, 2010

Silence

Silence is one of the most difficult arguments to dispute. I find myself in several situations where at my core I disagree with some one's stand on something. I used to speak up and debate the issues which invariably cause a lot of heart-ache and tension.

My spiritual guide asked me one day, "Becky, Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy; because you do have a choice?" I thought about it for awhile and observed my life. I found that I spent a lot of my time in futile disputes over issues that had no solutions. This created tension, anger, and frustration in my life and the life of countless others. I realized that if I remained silent and allowed the other person their opinion, we were happier.

I now choose "Happy". I practice the art of allowing others to be and to believe as they will which frees me to do the same. This moves me from the bondage of self on the road to 'nowhere' and frees me to enjoy life and the person I am with in the 'now here.'

It is in the NOW here that I find peace and happiness.

Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles. Proverbs 21:23

Enjoy practicing the silence and holding your tongue, let me know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment