Sunday, February 7, 2010

Failure is not a word in Baltie

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting and being with Greg Mortenson, author of Three Cups of Tea. His presentation was powerful and his message life changing. The first chapter of his book was titled, Failure. He mentioned that in the region where he builds school there is no word for failure. This intrigues me.

He said, they call what we consider failure, a fork in the road. If they go out to attempt something and don't accomplish it, it is just a time to make a new decision. I love this. What would our life look like if the word failure did not exist.

I reviewing my life at all of the failures, I see that each one was a fork in the road. I was faced with a new decision and direction in my life. Each fork has lead me to the present moment. It took each fork to get me where I am today.

Because I love the analogy of life as being a buffet, forks fit a lot better than failure. I now own that no one ever fails, we just make a new decision at each fork in the road.

© 2010 by Becky Benes
www.onenessoflife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment