Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Ultimate Love

All sacred texts speaks of the love humanity has for their Creator. Verse after verse expresses the devotion to God through praise and worship and a constant longing for God's presence.

Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Christianity. 1 Corinthians 10:31.

The supreme Lord who pervades all existence, the true Self of all creatures, may be realized through undivided love. Hinduism, Bhagavad Gita 8:22

Heaven and earth contain me not, but the heart of my faithful servant contains me. Islam. Hadith of Suhrawardi

Greater is he who acts from love than he who acts from fear. Judaism. Talmud, Sota 31a.

This longing for the knowing of God draws me passionately. The love and peace I experience when I pray and meditate and connect to this Divine presence consumes me. I melt into the nothingness and into the allness of the ALL. It is the purest form of love that there is.

© 2010 by Becky Benes
www.onenessoflife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment