Sunday, February 21, 2010

Suffering in love

Love is in the joys of life and in the suffering of life.

Sometimes the suffering of our lives seems unbearable, we wonder how am I going to survive this one. But I find, my own suffering is far easier to handle than watching a love one suffer.

As I sit with the man who gave me life, who nurtured me when I was in pain, who fed me, who loved me unconditionally, who went beyond the call of duty to meet my needs, my heart aches. As I watch him experience so much pain and agony. My heart aches beyond measure.

How can I handle and watch any more. I would love to run and hide, to send him off where another would care for him; but what if he is scared, and they don't understand him, or they don't treat him with love and dignity. The inner struggle for me is unbearable.

So I breathe, I breathe in the love of Christ, I breathe out the pain in my heart, my struggle lessons. I breathe again into the pain, I release, it has lessened. I continue to breathe deeply for minutes, now hours. I focus on the Creator of Life.

I read: " Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

I open my hands to let go, knowing and trusting that God has a plan and the plan is good. I sleep.

© 2010 by Becky Benes
www.onenessoflife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment