Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stay in the Now

Lately, I have spent a lot of time in a day, thinking and focusing on happenings from my past and in my future. In so doing, I lost sight on the importance of today and my life filled with angst, worry, and regret. I definitely was not experiencing the presence of God and inner peace and serenity.

Staying in the Now moment is the only way, I have found to return to that peaceful place within myself, where I meet and experience God. When I am feeling peaceful and present in the Now, I am more attentive to those I love and the beautiful love messages from God. This is a practice, it is something I work on daily.

Of course, I have not mastered staying in the Now; however, with the practice of meditation and centering home with my breath, I am able to live more of my day in the Now. This is where the important things of life are born and experienced.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

© 2010 by Becky Benes
www.onenessoflife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment