Monday, January 18, 2010

Attracting Prosperity

During this time in our country, many people are consumed with debt and financial fear. The media is doing its best to keep everyone in a state of alarm and worry. At times like this, it is important to focus on the unseen- the spiritual laws; not the seen- the worldly ideas.

Edwene Gaines, author of The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity gives us four laws which have been proven to work to attract prosperity into our lives despite what is happening around us.

  1. Tithe: Tithe 10% of what you receive to where you are spiritually feed; wherever, your heart sings. This does not necessarily mean your church. This is a frightening practice to start. In fact, when my husband and I began, he had to write the checks. I was hyperventilating. I could not comprehend how giving money we did not have would attract more money. However, since we have introduced tithing into our life, our bills have always been paid. I am clueless how this works, but it does. It is definitely a leap of faith.
  2. Forgive: Forgiveness clears the way to receive. If our hearts are filled with hate, anger, resentment and non forgiveness, we block our good from coming to us. My prayer for forgiveness is a process. It begins with: God, help me to become willing to forgive ___. Then, God, bless ___. Eventually, I pray, God bless ____ with all the goodness that I wish for me and my family. This is a powerful prayer, which changes my heart and makes room to receive all that is good.
  3. Ask for what you want. In scripture we are told, Ask and it will be given. We must know what we want- the desire of our hearts. It is important to go within and truly seek that which makes your heart sing. Set clear and concise goals, visualize receiving them and give thanks that they are on the way. Make sure your goals bring you great joy. It is God's good pleasure to give us the Kingdom.
  4. Be on purpose: Once you know what you want, begin action to receive it. If you want a new car, go scope one out, take your picture in it, clean out your garage and make room. If you want a new job, create and send out your resume; volunteer in areas that do what you love. Whatever it is, move in that direction. The question to ask is "Am I having fun?" If the answer is yes, You are on purpose.

I have been practicing these principles in my life off and on for the past 21 years; however, in the past four years I have been consistent with all four laws and my life is forever changed.

It is said that during the Great Depression, Rockefeller continued to live as usual and even donated large sums of money. People watched him in amazement and one of his friends said, "Don't you know we are in a great depression?" To which Rockefeller replied, "Yes, I heard about that, I decided not to participate."

I encourage you to not participate in the fear and media frenzy of lack; instead embrace the four spiritual laws of prosperity and claim the abundant good promised you by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment