Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Truth Will Set You Free

As a young adolescent and into my college years, I spent a lot of time trying to fit in. I would become who you wanted me to be just so you would like and accept me. This created a huge void in my life, kind of a black hole or abyss in my soul. The more I tried to be you, the more I lost myself and the deeper the abyss became.

Eventually this abyss became so encompassing, I felt as if I would be swallowed up and disappear. At that moment in time, I desperately begged for help. I completely surrendered to something bigger than myself. This is when my life shifted and I awoke to my truth.

I began a journey of self discovery. What did I like? What was my favorite color, movie, music? What type of people did I enjoy being with? What were some of my hobbies? What made my heart sing and bring me joy? What did I do for my fun? The list was endless. These questions brought to light how much I really did not know about myself.

During this time, I tried all different kinds of things. I explored new places, new books, movies and activities. I even took up ballroom dancing and horse back riding. It was great. I made it a point and still do to read and/or watch what others say not too. I question everything and everyone. I pay attention to what resonates within me.

This has made my life so much more fun and I believe more authentic. I am living my bliss, I am ever changing and open to new and exciting opportunities and experiences.

People who don't live their truth or their authentic selves seem lost.

Being true to myself has set me free. I encourage you to go on a great journey of self discovery, you'll be amazed at what you find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment