Monday, January 4, 2010

It is a New Year

This is the beginning of an exciting new year for all of us. It is time to clean our slate and to begin anew.
How do I do this? I sit in a quiet place and review my previous year. I list all of the things that brought light to my life and all of the things that challenged me. I also review any past and current hurts, angst, fears, and resentments which block me from the sunlight of the Spirit. With the awareness of these blocks, I open myself to the forgiveness process. I consciously pray for the understanding and willingness to forgive, I seek my part in the situations, I make amends when and where I can and I thank God.
In so doing, I clean my slate making way for the new year, the light of Creation to shine in and through me. This is not a one time process, it is a daily discipline.
May you be blessed with discipline.
Love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment