Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To thy own self be true

I believe that being the awesome and unique person we are created to be, is the highest gift we give ourselves and our Creator.

At our core, we all know our truth, our inner strength, our divine heritage. However, it takes time and effort to rise above our worldly programing and to seek, find, and accept our inner truth-our Christ spirit-our Buddha nature-whatever you want to call it. (Children have it so much easier, because they know what we have forgotten). Once we tap into this inner sanctum, it takes large amounts of courage to live that truth, especially if it is not in line with the societal norm.

I don't know about you, but over the years, I have squelched my inner being-the desires of my heart because I feared being separated from and/or rejected by my peers.

Desmond Tutu suggests, "Instead of separation and division, all distinctions make for a rich diversity to be celebrated for the sake of the unity that underlies them. We are different so that we can know our need of one another."

We are created to be AWESOME!

Claim your uniqueness, thank and honor those whom differ from you, and celebrate our diversity.

Oh, how boring life would be if we only had vanilla! Thank God for BR 31 and sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment