Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's all God, It is all Good!

Today I was preparing a talk for the youth at church about sowing seeds of greatness. When I ask my 8 year old daughter what she would rather plant; seeds of light or seeds of darkness, I was taken back by her response.

She said, "Both!" I said, "Really!" I felt like she did not understand my question. So showing her a beautiful flower of bright light colors and one that was covered by black, I asked again. "What would you rather plant, flowers of light or flowers of darkness?" Once again, she answered, "Both!"

I asked her to explain what she meant. This is what she said, "Well I like all of the bright colors and the light, but I like to sleep in the darkness, and without the darkness we couldn't see the stars or the moon. I like seeing the stars and the moon."

Such wisdom from the mouths of babes. A complete understanding of the Tao, the Yen and the Yang. There is beauty and life in both the light and the dark. Embrace it all.

It is all God, It is all GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment