Sunday, January 10, 2010

I see you

"I see you," a primary theme in the movie, Avatar has stayed in my mind since I saw the movie. I see you; I hear you; I understand you; are all phrases we use daily. But do we really know what they mean? Do we really see, hear and understand others, ourselves,and our surroundings? Do we take the time to truly see deeply or are we blind?

I remember a time in my life when I was completely blind to the world around me. I was driving through some of the most beautiful parts of Texas which I did not notice and listening to Christy Lane singing songs like One Day At A Time which I could not comprehend. I was desperately seeking something to give me purpose; something to complete me and to make me whole. I had tried all of the material offerings of the world but nothing seemed to fill the vast void in my soul.

This journey took me to a week long spiritual workshop or an exorcism would be a better description. I was riped open and was forced to see me, all of me, for the first time. I was then given the tools to live; alive, awake and enthusiastic. It was a life transforming experience which opened my eyes, ears, and my heart to the Essence of God which breaths me, and animates the planet. I could SEE, I mean really SEE.

I remember vividly returning home on the same road and it was as if I was seeing it for the first time. It was so spectacularly beautiful, the colors were brilliant, the people were so helpful and kind that I wept. I was listening to Christy Lane again and the songs which used to perplex came alive and I heard them for the first time. They penetrated my soul. I felt completely One with all of creation.

This was an amazing experience which began lifting the veil, the dark cloud which had blurred my vision. It was the beginning of my quest to know God, the life force energy in which I live and have my being. It is a daily practice of releasing and cleansing error thinking and looking beyond the physical into the hearts of all creation.

All faith traditions affirm God's immanence. "They speak of God coming near or dwelling in the heart only when there is receptivity, humility, and faith" (World Scripture, A Comparative Analogy of Sacred Texts, pg. 72). I encourage you to empty out your cup of knowledge and beliefs to make room for the knowingness of God; be receptive to new ideas and concepts, be teachable, and trust that God is immanent, ever present.

"I am the nucleus of every creature, Arjuna; for without me nothing can exist, neither animate nor inanimate. . . Wherever you find strength, or beauty, or spiritual power, you may be sure that these have sprung from a spark of my essence" (Hinduism, Bhagavad Gita 10.39-41).

Open your mind, heart and soul to the truth that God Is, and you will begin to see (feel) God in all things. Your will not see with your eyes, you will see with your heart and you will feel One with all.

I SEE YOU! and I love what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment