Thursday, January 21, 2010

Process for awakening

Reading the various stories in sacred texts and about the great mystics, I am always looking for a deeper meaning, a message of some sort to help me to grow spiritually. What I have found is their stories seem to be a template for our inner journey into the Kingdom of God-God realization-inspiration.

Several of them seem to have a common thread or process which the characters go through to experience an awakening to the Spirit of God.
  • Step one: They are open to the call or the invitation from God-the still small voice.
  • Step two: They say "Yes" even when the call seems impossible and/or makes no sense.
  • Step three: They confirm their insight or call with a spiritually awake person.
  • Step four: They take action and become willing to do what it takes to move forward. They clear the mental, physical and spiritual roadblocks.
  • Step five: They experience the manifestation of that which was inspired, they awaken to the Spirit of God.

When I am open to this process in my life and follow the steps, my life transforms and I experience the Spirit of God-Creation-Inspiration.
This is a continual process for me, ever reminding me to take time to go to a quiet place, listen, open myself, and allow the presence of God to come in and through me. The experience is magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment