Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Master Plan

Have you ever heard, "If you want to make God laugh, tell God your plans."
This is so true in my life. I make plans only to have them change in mid-stream. I used to get very frustrated and fight the change, creating lots of undue misery in my life. Now I realize that God has my back, and when my plans do not fit along with the Master Plan for me, they will change.

Usually when this occurs, I am not seeing the Divine Order, it is only with hindsight that all makes sense. Proverbs 19:21 states, "The human mind may devise many plans, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established." By accepting and surrendering to the idea that God has a plan and the plan is good, the obstacles in my plans do not seem to bother me so much.

When I am passionately seeking God and wanting to do the work of God, I must trust that God truly does have my back and is preparing the way for me. Jeremiah 29:10 promises, "For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope."

Realizing that there is a Master Plan, makes taking a step into the unknown much easier and less fearful.

No comments:

Post a Comment